Sunday, April 29, 2007

Happy birthday to me... and Queensday tomorrow!



This movie was taken exactly one year ago (April 29, 2006) on my birthday and I still think it is ever so funny! Last year it was also Queensday on my birthday because it is never celebrated on a Sunday. In the morning of Queensday we always visit the local flea market where children sell their toys (of course only the one they outgrew or never play with).... My boy found this drumming gear. He had been asking for this for a long time (although he was only 3 at the time) and now we found one for $4.... a bargain! He loved it so much... Today it's behind me in the attic and he barely plays the drums anymore. But yesterday, when he sneaked out of bed and I was here behind the computer... he came upstairs and played the drums! Like he knew it is going to be Queensday really soon....

So it's my birthday today!!! I turned 39... so still in my 30s! ;)

I wasn't going to celebrate it but because it was on a Sunday a lot of people dropped by anyway. Petra (aka Milo82) also dropped by and wrote a really sweet part on her blog about it.


At This is the life I read a really good explanation of Queensday so that is what we are going to do tomorrow!



Have a fun day tomorrow!!!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday, hope you have a great day!

Petra said...

Thanks sweety...it was a great day!! and the weather...wow, just rubbed some aftersun on my left arm...LOL

That file is too cute...yes once they have it, they won´t look at it for a while and then... :-)

Have a great evening and a fun day tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you had an absolutely wonderful birthday. And have a great Queen's Day.

Ellen, said...

Hope you had a great Queensday and a even better birthday! I had a real good time watching the video of your drummerboy! Did I really heard him sing a Sinterklaas-song?