Friday, May 11, 2007

Hi, Still no new scraps, still no desktop computer :(... I called the repairshop yesterday and they were still trying to retrieve my documents but didn't know if they were succeeding or not ... Well, I just have to be patient I guess. I really miss the scrapping! Luckily Petra has set up a new little blog community and has gotten me into Kaboodle so I have plenty to do online. And I just got tickets for Symphonica in Rosso at the presale! First I told dh that I didn't want to go. We have been there last year because Marco Borsato did SIR... this year he put it in the hands of Paul de Leeuw, another Dutch artist. Very good but totally different! Marco and I go way back... although he probably won't remember ;), he's now a national popstar!
In 1990 or 1991 when I worked for a Dutch Touroperator, we organized a reunion for the travelers. As they were only young people (teens, early twenties) the organization hired a singer that had just won one of those TV contests that are really popular now (Idols, but then the early nineties version by Henny Huisman, lol).... Anyway, because I had been a rep I also had to do a small performance (the group of reps) so I shared the dressing room with.... Marco Borsato. Can you believe he now sings with the Andrea Bocelli's of this world! Lol... been there, done that!
Anyway, to surprise my dh I did buy tickets this morning.... It's Nov. 3rd so still 6 months away... I have to run now, have a work appointment in Amsterdam! Hope to see you all again soon!

9 comments:

Ellen, said...

You lucky girl! So you shared Marco´s dressing room... I have to admit I´m not that much of a fan of Paul de Leeuw.
I love that Kaboodle-thing but am very afraid that it might be very addicting. Am I right?
Hope it won´t be long till your pc is back again:)
Have a nice weekend and Mother´s Day!

Petra said...

That is so awsome..and off course I know him, but your story is much better than mine...I just shooke hands with him. :-) LOL!!!!

Andy is gonna love it and what an great gift...need a babysitter??? hihi

Yes, so glad you joined the little blog community, did you know Ellen joined too?? Sweet huh?

Well sweety, I hope then can fix your pc and can pick it up tomorrow with all the things back on there :-)

Hugs, Peet

Unknown said...

You know.. i have no idea who these people are!!! Man i hope you get the pc back soon. Thanks for the comment in the BT.. its sucks.. and its just uncalled for i think.. so thanks for saying what you did. i have joined petras blog community so i will be back!

Nicky Hurt said...

I don't know who he is either, but that is very cool. lol. Anyway, just stopping by to say hi! I found your blog on digishoptalk. I am enjoying it. ;)

Monique said...

congrats on getting tickets, i'm sure you'll have a blast!

Unknown said...

How do you do that, surviving without scrapping??? LOL!

Gongrats on getting those tickets :-)

Jen U said...

Have fun, how exciting! :) Don'tcha just LOVE kaboodle?! :)

Nicole said...

Still no computer??
I think I wouldn't survive!!!

Ellen, said...

No computer yet? Poor thing....