Thursday, January 25, 2007

Grandma LO

Credits can be found: here

An ordinary Thursday... the start is always more relaxed because I don't have to take the kids to school or daycare. So I was at the office early (first in last out lol...) and started to work out all the tasks... That's what you do after a day full of meetings and talk like yesterday....

Another recruiting agency on the phone today... hmmm, I think this is getting more serious.... The recruitment market is good, knew that from experience but since I haven't changed jobs in almost 10 years I thought it would look a bit 'rusty' on my cv. Perhaps it's just the opposite and it looks more like very loyal, very committed (rotfl...!! ;-) Okay, don't know if I will do anything with the offers, it is just very nice to be WANTED!

After I put the kids to bed (or one and Andy did the other one) I tried to make some phonecalls, but no one home so I discussed the TV-listings for tonight and decided there would be nothing in it for me... Upstairs it is then and start scrapping....

I found this old picture, one of the few ones I am on together with my grandmother, she passed away in 1993 so on this picture she was still a lot younger but of course childhood memories are the sweetest. Their little house in Utrecht (which back then I thought was huge), Tuesdays when my grandma took me to the local market to buy eal (it looked so alive, yuk!). But also that their home was gasheated and she would put our little coats in front of the gas unit before we left so that we could wear pre-warmed coats! Enough on the sentimental journey, back to everyday life! Another day to work tomorrow and then it's WEEKEND! We are going to have pancakes in Lage Vuursche on Sunday with 8 of our friends (big ones and little ones)... photoshoot!!!

1 comment:

Petra said...

Sweet LO..Like the photo when you were a little karen..very cute!!
Oh wow, a photoshoot...just love those, we had ours, last night..LOL
Lage Vuursche is great...pancakes...
MMhhh!

BTW, were are you???