Monday, March 23, 2009

Dip or Dap? Trip to Volendam.

DSC00249

This is our new pet! Not sure whether it’s called Dip or Dap but it’s one of those names! Last Saturday I took our youngest to the theater nearby to see Dip and Dap at the Circus. You can read about Dip & Dap in English here. Anyway… it was a trip for me and my youngest and he had been excited about this for weeks!! So Saturday the day was finally there, he was over the moon when he saw these little stuffed animals at the theater and of course I could not resist buying him one! Today Dip had to come to school so that the teacher could hear the story too!

Then Sunday came and we went to Volendam. This is a village north from Amsterdam where a lot of tourists go when they visit The Netherlands. It is famous as a fisherman’s village but also a lot of Dutch singers/performers come from that village. When tourists come there they mainly visit the little shops and they make pictures in traditional Volendam costumes. Today we planned to get the second picture of the boys in costumes but the youngest refused! So there’s only one on the photo!

090322_volendam_mauro

I took my own camera too and tried my new 28-300 lens:

That’s all for now!

Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

test comment

cloggie68 said...

testcomment 2