Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ice & Farewell CTs

Hi,

Just 3 more days until I leave for a businesstrip to Aruba. I started the New Year with a major decision for me... I quit my CTs! I had two left, Melissa Bennett's and Sherry Ferguson's and although it hurt me, I just couldn't justify being member of the CT with so little time to scrap! I hope it will change some day so that I can make more time for CT obligations but for now, IF I can scrap I want to do it for ME! This year (2009) I haven't made one layout yet! But it doesn't mean I will give up on digital scrapbooking, no way! I still have the Hyves group, will publish on my blog and perhaps in the future I will find other great designers to CT for!

Back to here and now... the past weeks it has been very cold here and for the first time our kids have been on the ice to sled and skate! We live in an area with lots of water and this all turned into great places to ice skate. I regretted a lot that I didn't buy skates for myself in Austria at Hofer
where I saw ice skates for only 19,99 euros!

Anyway the kids spent a lot of time on the ice last week. Thursday the school took them to a little lake nearby and during the weekend we took them as well. Here are a few pics:





Click here for more photos and movies!

Have a great day!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Petra said...

hey! Yeah you're way too busy and miss scrapping together... hopefully you'll have more time soon! Love the photos and videos od the ice-skating and seeing a lot of familiar faces there! :) Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Looks like great fun! Lake Erie freezes over but we can't skate on it where I am. The waves actually freeze. It looks really cool but it's not flat or smooth!

Unknown said...

YA!!! GOOD FOR YOU! I got out of the CT game last year and it is a very liberating experience!!!!

Fantastic photos!

Mimi said...

You are going to LOVE Aruba, dh and I stayed at the Divi Divi,,,just lovely!

Anonymous said...

ooo VERY cool!
Sorry you had to quit your CT's but it sounds like a GOOD move for you!