Monday, March 19, 2007

Catching up on scrappin'

Hi all!
I told you I had some major work to do in catching up my digiscrappin'! I tried to do 1 or 2 every night of the weekend... last week was too busy... the weekend out of town, a lot of work to do and then on Thursday night one child with fever ... he felt better on Saturday so he was back in school again today. To give Milan a bit more quality time we didn't stay in today but called grandma to meet up at what the boys call 'The Yellow Letters'... They can't read yet but they sure know when we pass one. You might think it's the big M (also yellow, and they recognize that too from a mile distance)... but no... it's (time for a commercial break here...lol)... IKEA!
We first went to the restaurant to have the 1 euro breakfast (lol, like I hadn't had breakfast earlier that morning, well grandma hadn't) and then we took Milan to the playground. It was only the second time he was going there (before that he'd too stay outside watching his big brother play, he was too young... it made him furious ;)). So he loves everything about it, the namesticker on his shirt, the number stamp on his hand, his jacket and shoes in the locker and then PLAYTIME! Too bad I didn't have a camera with me, you should have seen his face!
It gave us time to do a quick shopping round, I bought clamboos for the boys' beds, one in green and one in aqua (only 4.95!!).... dad has some DIY to do next weekend, lol!
After picking Mauro up from school and giving him a little time to unwind we had to head for music class. We hadn't been last week because we were away for the weekend and now I noticed that all the kids were giving cards and drawings to the teacher. She is a very nice lady but it was an ordinary class (I thought) so I asked the other mothers what the occasion was... When they told me she was diagnosed breastcancer and will have surgery next week I didn't know what to say. I talked to her after class but what more can you say then that you hope it will all turn out alright? I have been talking a lot to another woman who recently went through all this and she feels ok now, but it has such an impact on your life... never the same! I hope we'll see this teacher back really soon!!
Now on to the layouts:




These 3 are for Melissa Bennett's CT:




I used her kit Bloomers for this LO, credits can be found here


I used the Tin Roof Rusted Alpha and Tin Roof Rusted Stars on this LO.

Credits can be found here


For this LO I used Spring Peeps. Credits can be found here


And now on to something different. Did you notice Weeds and Wildflower Designs has a new kit up! It's called Discovering You... but I'd rather call it Amazing You! :). I love it, and they also put up a matching freebie. So I bought it and used it instantly tonight...



Credits can be found here


I think this is all for tonight... hope you liked it!



2 comments:

Petra said...

Sounds like you had a great day!! Milan must be so happy he finally can play over there...and mom and GM can do some shopping...:-)

How sad about Mauro´s musice teacher, I hope everything goes well...

Lovely LO´s here, as always!!
Now lady it´s time to go to bed! LOL
(((hugs))

Kiki Halbert said...

Love the bike layout! Very cool!