Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Snow and Christmasmarket

Hi!

I took the day off work today and went shopping with my mom! We headed for Germany, a town called Bocholt, near the Dutch border. I checked on the internet if there would be a Christmas market and there was!
So I dropped the boys off at school (where all the teachers were welcoming the kids singing Christmas Carols) and picked up my mom. A little over an hour later we arrived at the parking lot behind the Arkaden, a new shopping mall in the center of the town.

First things first so we headed for the bakery to get coffee and cake! We shared apple cake and Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte (Black forest Cherry Cake), we couldn't chose so we had half of each!

By the time we finished the coffee (and the cake!) it started to snow!

We did some good shopping for shoes, scarf and hat for one of the boys, some toiletries for our ski vacation (in 2,5 weeks) etc... Did you know that I will post a trip report about our ski vacation here? Anyway...after the shopping we had lunch, shopped some more and then headed back to our own little country! Back home I picked up the boys, made dinner and decorated the Christmas tree! Will post pics of the tree later this week!

This week I did one layout with a new kit by Melissa Bennett... I really like the elements in this kit!!

And this is the layout I made with it:



Image is linked for credits
Two more days at work and Friday off again because the youngest has a day off school on Friday... and then only one more week until 2 weeks Christmasbreak!!!

Have a good day!


Karen

No comments: