Wednesday, April 30, 2008

40 and Happy Queensday!




Two parties in two days ... and it was fun!


Ok so I did not really throw a party for my 40th birthday (I mean, what's to celebrate, lol)... but I did have a good day. First the boys gave me my gifts around 7.00 am.... I had the a beach bag from Riviera Maison , one of my fav stores! I also had a Dirty Dancing dvd (special edition), a picture of my 2 little ones and a lot of self-made crafts with happy birthday on it! After that I had an appointment at the hairdresser... and then I found a Wii at the MediaMarkt!! I had tried to order the Wii at different stores but all sold out.. and there they were 8 of them at that store! And it is fun! Yesterday we tried some bowling, tennis and boxing from the Sports Pack and today we did the games of Mario's Carnival!


Anyway, so I stayed in the citycenter of Utrecht for a while to do some shopping. I bought the new book by Sophie Kinsella because I loved the Shopaholic series... Now I bought Remember me. I bought some clothes, a nice brown jersey dress, a poloshirt and an orange t-shirt... which you will see on the pictures later on. I ran some errands at Albert Heijn because we have two holidays ahead of us... Queensday and Ascensionday. Around 4.30 pm we pick up the kids from their day activity center (they are off school this week) and drive to IKEA... It's my birthday so I can decide what we will have for dinner tonight and I love to treat the boys to a meal at the yellow letters (as they call it because they can't read yet, although Mauro has thought himself a little). One boy picks the Swedish meatballs, the other the chicken nuggets and Andy has a kid's meal too (because there's an ice cream with the meal, lol). I get the salmon which is ok as a birthday meal...lol! When we got home and put the boys to bed the phone rang constantly... so nice to hear people remember my birthday! Arond 9.30 another phonecall... It was Mick my friend from Wellington, New Zealand!! She's Dutch, we took the same course years ago (that's how we met) and she moved to Wellington 5 years ago with her husband and 2 kids. It was so great to be chatting away for an hour (!!) on the phone...like she had never left Holland! I would love to see for real how they live but tickets (for 4!) are expensive! Anyway, thank you Mick for calling...it was a great ending of the day!

And today it was Queensday....

We left the house at 7.00 am for the first flea market. It's a special fleamarkt because children sell their spare toys mostly.... also adults sell second hand stuff.... We went early to get the best deals and the best things! Came home around 8.00 am, had breakfast and the boys played with the toys they bought on the market... Then we left again to go to Baarn... here's an impression:

Me at 40... lol! Wearing my Queensday shirt!


Our stand

Royal mugs... all with the royal family on them (for sale!)


The boys sorting out grandma's silver teaspoons (all for salem except for the boys!)...

That was all for now.... tomorrow is Ascension day so another bankholiday...it fact I have off work until Tuesday... woohooo!!!
Photobucket

No comments: